US: Coca-Cola Co signs 'Freestyle' Burger King deal
Burger King said it expects to have the Coca-Cola dispensers installed by April
The Coca-Cola Co has signed a deal for its Freestyle drinks fountain dispensers to be installed in around 850 Burger King restaurants across the US.
The agreement, announced late Tuesday (6 December), is the largest endorsement for the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines to date. The fountain dispenses 125 different drinks brands that can be mixed into different flavour combinations.
"The response to Coca-Cola Freestyle from our customers has been incredibly positive and we are working to expand the availability of Coca-Cola Freestyle to as many customers as possible," a spokesperson for Coca-Cola told just-drinks.
"This expansion by Burger King across all of their company-owned restaurants ... significantly increases the availability of Coca-Cola Freestyle," the spokesperson added. Burger King said that it expects to have the dispensers installed by April.
The dispenser was test launched in southern California in 2009. In May this year, Coca-Cola said it wanted to "significantly expand" the reach of the 125-beverage fountain dispenser in the US by the end of the year.
A spokesperson for Coca-Cola told just-drinks that the dispensers are currently available in "more than 75 markets across 39 states and [Washington] DC." The company defines a market as "a geographic area encompassing one or more cities and the surrounding region".
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review