US: Coca-Cola Co signs 'Freestyle' Burger King deal
Burger King said it expects to have the Coca-Cola dispensers installed by April
The Coca-Cola Co has signed a deal for its Freestyle drinks fountain dispensers to be installed in around 850 Burger King restaurants across the US.
The agreement, announced late Tuesday (6 December), is the largest endorsement for the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines to date. The fountain dispenses 125 different drinks brands that can be mixed into different flavour combinations.
"The response to Coca-Cola Freestyle from our customers has been incredibly positive and we are working to expand the availability of Coca-Cola Freestyle to as many customers as possible," a spokesperson for Coca-Cola told just-drinks.
"This expansion by Burger King across all of their company-owned restaurants ... significantly increases the availability of Coca-Cola Freestyle," the spokesperson added. Burger King said that it expects to have the dispensers installed by April.
The dispenser was test launched in southern California in 2009. In May this year, Coca-Cola said it wanted to "significantly expand" the reach of the 125-beverage fountain dispenser in the US by the end of the year.
A spokesperson for Coca-Cola told just-drinks that the dispensers are currently available in "more than 75 markets across 39 states and [Washington] DC." The company defines a market as "a geographic area encompassing one or more cities and the surrounding region".
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future