UK: Coca-Cola Co signs Ennis in Powerade deal
Jessica Ennis becomes brand ambassador for Powerade
Coca-Cola Great Britain (GB) has signed World Champion athlete Jessica Ennis as brand ambassador for its Powerade sports drink.
The deal, which runs until the end of 2012, will see Ennis make appearances for the sports drink in the UK to help promote the benefits of hydration, the firm said today (18 May).
She will also appear in above-the-line marketing activity and brand endorsements.
A Coca-Cola GB representative said: "We are delighted to announce this new partnership with Jessica. She has proven her pedigree on the international stage as a World Champion and at only 24 years of age her future is very exciting. We look forward to working with her."
Ennis is the second signing for Coca-Cola, who recently teamed up with Manchester United and England football star Wayne Rooney for a push on Powerade around this year's FIFA World Cup.
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages