GLOBAL: Coca-Cola Co set to enter F1 with Burn deal
The Coca-Cola Co is to sponsor the Lotus F1 team
The Coca-Cola Co has announced a “multi-year” sponsorship of the Lotus Formula 1 racing team through its Burn energy drink brand.
Details of the deal will be revealed next year when the partnership officially launches, Lotus said today (22 November). Lotus's lead driver is former world champion Kimi Räikkönen, who last month confirmed he would race for Lotus again next season.
Emmanuel Seuge, Coca-Cola's group director for worldwide sports & entertainment marketing, called Lotus the “number one emerging challenger” in F1.
Austrian energy drinks maker Red Bull sponsors reigning F1 constructors champion Red Bull Racing, helmed by 2010 and 2011 driver's champion Sebastian Vettel.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015