GLOBAL: Coca-Cola Co set to enter F1 with Burn deal
The Coca-Cola Co is to sponsor the Lotus F1 team
The Coca-Cola Co has announced a “multi-year” sponsorship of the Lotus Formula 1 racing team through its Burn energy drink brand.
Details of the deal will be revealed next year when the partnership officially launches, Lotus said today (22 November). Lotus's lead driver is former world champion Kimi Räikkönen, who last month confirmed he would race for Lotus again next season.
Emmanuel Seuge, Coca-Cola's group director for worldwide sports & entertainment marketing, called Lotus the “number one emerging challenger” in F1.
Austrian energy drinks maker Red Bull sponsors reigning F1 constructors champion Red Bull Racing, helmed by 2010 and 2011 driver's champion Sebastian Vettel.
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014