US: Coca-Cola Co secures Coke Zero, Avatar partnership
The company said today (24 November) that the partnership will operate in around 30 countries, and will centre on the packaging of Coke Zero and a website.
"Augmented Reality"-enabled Coke Zero packaging featuring the 'AVTR' mark has been launched. Through the use of AR technology - a web-based application that enables the user to interact with 3D motion graphics - Coke Zero consumers will be able to virtually operate a Samson helicopter, a vehicle featured in the movie.
Visitors to the website, meanwhile, will be able to access exclusive Avatar imagery, wallpapers, games and applications as well as regularly updated, real-time Avatar news.
Coke Zero will also activate cinema channel concession programmes and promotions that include branded cups and popcorn bags that feature the AVTR mark and that can be used to activate the AR experience.
The brand extension is also the subject of a collaboration with Twentieth Century Fox to create a TV advert and cinema spot for the tie-up. The ad, which launched in US cinemas on 31 October and on TV on 14 November, can be viewed below.
Avatar will be released worldwide on 18 December.
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China