US: Coca-Cola Co renews Alaska Airlines, Horizon contract
Coca-Cola to be served on Alaska Airlines and Horizon flights
The Coca-Cola Co. has renewed its contract with Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air.
The new deal, announced yesterday (9 February), will see Coca-Cola Co soft drinks served on all flights from 1 March.
Both airlines served Coca-Cola products from 1998 until 2008, when Jones Premium Sodas took over the contract.
However, the airlines said the switch back to Coca-Cola Co was down to consumer requests.
"We enjoyed serving Jones Soda and working with the Jones team," said Steve Jarvis, Alaska Airlines' vice president of marketing, sales and customer experience. "As we continue to spread our wings beyond the West Coast, it's increasingly important to respond to our customers' requests for Coca-Cola products onboard."
Alaska Airlines will offer complimentary Coca-Cola, diet Coke, Coca-Cola Zero, Sprite and diet Sprite Zero. Horizon will offer Coca-Cola, diet Coke and Sprit, also free of charge.
"The Coca-Cola Co. is very pleased to renew our partnership with Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air and we're delighted to again refresh their customers with our brands," said Stefanie Miller, Coca-Cola North America vice president of strategic partnership marketing.
Coca-Cola yesterday reported an increase in fourth quarter profits, boosted by volume sales in international markets such as India and China.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- This week in spirits & wine
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts