EUROPE: Coca-Cola Co relaunches Diet Coke ad for 30th birthday
Coca-Cola is bringing back its Diet Coke Break ads
The new ad, a long version of which can be seen below, launched on Facebook yesterday and will air on TV on 2 March, Coca-Cola said today (29 January). Shot in a similar style to previous ads for the drink, it features a gardener taking his shirt off as a group of women look on.
The first Diet Coke Break ad was launched in 1994, continuing in 1997 and 2007.
The ad is part of Diet Coke's “Sparkling Together for 30 Years” marketing campaign. A spokesperson told just-drinks it is still to early to say which markets the ad will air in. Coca-Cola does not discuss financial spend, the spokesperson said.
The latest commercial strikes a different chord to Coca-Cola's second-most recent offering – an anti-obsity ad warning US consumers they will put on weight if they consume more calories than they use.
Coca-Cola Co's chief executive Muhtar Kent has argued that the group's second quarter performance is an "anomaly" caused by a combination of uncontrollable factors and not a "systemic" issue. ...
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Wild Geese gets Australian nod in Pernod legal row
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends