EUROPE: Coca-Cola Co relaunches Diet Coke ad for 30th birthday
Coca-Cola is bringing back its Diet Coke Break ads
The new ad, a long version of which can be seen below, launched on Facebook yesterday and will air on TV on 2 March, Coca-Cola said today (29 January). Shot in a similar style to previous ads for the drink, it features a gardener taking his shirt off as a group of women look on.
The first Diet Coke Break ad was launched in 1994, continuing in 1997 and 2007.
The ad is part of Diet Coke's “Sparkling Together for 30 Years” marketing campaign. A spokesperson told just-drinks it is still to early to say which markets the ad will air in. Coca-Cola does not discuss financial spend, the spokesperson said.
The latest commercial strikes a different chord to Coca-Cola's second-most recent offering – an anti-obsity ad warning US consumers they will put on weight if they consume more calories than they use.
Coca-Cola Co's chief executive Muhtar Kent has argued that the group's second quarter performance is an "anomaly" caused by a combination of uncontrollable factors and not a "systemic" issue. ...
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research