CAGE 2014: Coca-Cola Co readies Coke Life global roll-out
The Coca-Cola Co presented at the Consumer Analyst Group Europe conference this week
The Coca-Cola Co is looking to expand the footprint of its part-stevia sweetened Coca-Cola Life brand beyond its initial launch in Argentina.
In June, the company released mid-calorie Coke Life, which is sweetened with stevia and sugar and contains 64 calories per 12oz serving, in Argentina and Chile. At the time, the company declined to comment on whether the roll-out would be widened to other markets.
However, speaking at the Consumer Analyst Group Europe conference in London yesterday (18 March), CFO Gary Fayard confirmed that the brand extension will be available elsewhere this year. Fayard, who is set to retire next month, did not give specific market details.
“Coca-Cola Life has been a success in Argentina,” said Fayard. “The brand has also brought consumers back into the NARTD (non-alcoholic ready-to-drink) category in the country.
“The Coke Life brand in different variants will be introduced in different markets around the world this year.”
Fayard also said that there has been “a lot of research within the industry” into different sweetener systems. “None of those are ready yet, but it's getting much closer” he added. "There's a lot out there and there's a lot that is very exciting."
This month, Richard Corbett looks at the Middle East, a region that offers a wealth of opportunities to the soft drinks and bottled water category....
Plimsoll’s Coke Producers (Global) analysis is the most definitive and accurate study of the Coke Producers (Global) sector in 2013. The report is split into two sections and uses both a written and ...
Coca-Cola face a challenging situation in which economic recovery is fragile in developed markets, while China and Brazil are seeing a slowdown in sales. Consumers’ desire for diverse and healthy beve...
Worries about the health and safety of sports and energy drinks continued to grow in 2013. Off-trade value sales of sports and energy drinks grew by 4% in 2013 after growing by 9% in 2012. Off-trade v...
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research