INDIA: Coca-Cola Co raises investment to US$5bn
Coca-Cola Co says India has "great potential"
The Coca-Cola Co will invest an extra US$3bn in India over the next eight years, the company announced today (26 June).
The new injection brings Coca-Cola's planned investment in the country until 2020 to US$5bn. The company announced a $2bn boost in November.
“India is a strategic growth market for The Coca-Cola Company, ranking among our top ten markets in volume globally and as the largest market in the Eurasia and Africa Group,” said Coca-Cola India and Southwest Asia president Atul Singh.
“Our India business has been growing at a robust rate over the last five years, and our goal is to continue this momentum.”
A statement from Coca-Cola said the RTD soda market in India has “great potential”.
The company's India unit has posted unit case volume growth in India for the past 23 quarters, with 17 seeing double-digit growth, it said.
Thums Up and Sprite are India's best-selling brands and in the first quarter of this year brand Coca-Cola posted 27% growth year-on-year, the statement said.
“The Coca-Cola Company and its bottling partners have robust plans to capture growth in India with investments in innovation, expansion of distribution network, cold drink equipment placement and augmentation of manufacturing capacity,” the statement added.
In December, Coca-Cola announced it would create an independent unit in India to look after innovation and development.
Examining marketing activities, trends and issues in this multi-faceted market, this report covers beverages aiming to aid health, quench thirst and provide specific benefits. It distinguishes between...
The third in our five-part review of 2012 sees Ben Cooper consider how the last 12 months have treated the bottled water category....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2012....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are just-drinks' ten favourite quotes in 2012....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2012....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research