INDIA: Coca-Cola Co raises investment to US$5bn
Coca-Cola Co says India has "great potential"
The Coca-Cola Co will invest an extra US$3bn in India over the next eight years, the company announced today (26 June).
The new injection brings Coca-Cola's planned investment in the country until 2020 to US$5bn. The company announced a $2bn boost in November.
“India is a strategic growth market for The Coca-Cola Company, ranking among our top ten markets in volume globally and as the largest market in the Eurasia and Africa Group,” said Coca-Cola India and Southwest Asia president Atul Singh.
“Our India business has been growing at a robust rate over the last five years, and our goal is to continue this momentum.”
A statement from Coca-Cola said the RTD soda market in India has “great potential”.
The company's India unit has posted unit case volume growth in India for the past 23 quarters, with 17 seeing double-digit growth, it said.
Thums Up and Sprite are India's best-selling brands and in the first quarter of this year brand Coca-Cola posted 27% growth year-on-year, the statement said.
“The Coca-Cola Company and its bottling partners have robust plans to capture growth in India with investments in innovation, expansion of distribution network, cold drink equipment placement and augmentation of manufacturing capacity,” the statement added.
In December, Coca-Cola announced it would create an independent unit in India to look after innovation and development.
The third in our five-part review of 2012 sees Ben Cooper consider how the last 12 months have treated the bottled water category....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2012....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are just-drinks' ten favourite quotes in 2012....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2012....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research