INDIA: Coca-Cola Co raises investment to US$5bn
Coca-Cola Co says India has "great potential"
The Coca-Cola Co will invest an extra US$3bn in India over the next eight years, the company announced today (26 June).
The new injection brings Coca-Cola's planned investment in the country until 2020 to US$5bn. The company announced a $2bn boost in November.
“India is a strategic growth market for The Coca-Cola Company, ranking among our top ten markets in volume globally and as the largest market in the Eurasia and Africa Group,” said Coca-Cola India and Southwest Asia president Atul Singh.
“Our India business has been growing at a robust rate over the last five years, and our goal is to continue this momentum.”
A statement from Coca-Cola said the RTD soda market in India has “great potential”.
The company's India unit has posted unit case volume growth in India for the past 23 quarters, with 17 seeing double-digit growth, it said.
Thums Up and Sprite are India's best-selling brands and in the first quarter of this year brand Coca-Cola posted 27% growth year-on-year, the statement said.
“The Coca-Cola Company and its bottling partners have robust plans to capture growth in India with investments in innovation, expansion of distribution network, cold drink equipment placement and augmentation of manufacturing capacity,” the statement added.
In December, Coca-Cola announced it would create an independent unit in India to look after innovation and development.
Examining marketing activities, trends and issues in this multi-faceted market, this report covers beverages aiming to aid health, quench thirst and provide specific benefits. It distinguishes between...
The third in our five-part review of 2012 sees Ben Cooper consider how the last 12 months have treated the bottled water category....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2012....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are just-drinks' ten favourite quotes in 2012....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2012....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018