Coca-Cola Co promotes CEO's exec assistant to senior sales role
The Coca-Cola announced the appointment of Julie Hamilton today
The Coca-Cola Co has promoted its CEO's executive assistant to the dual role of chief customer & commercial leadership officer.
Julie Hamilton, who has been Muhtar Kent's executive assistant since 2011, will take up the role on 1 April, the group announced today. She replaces Sandy Douglas in the chief customer role.
Douglas has held the post since January last year, but will remain in his current job of Coca-Cola's North America president.
Joe Tripodi, currently the firm's chief marketing & commercial officer, will retire next year, as announced in October.
Prior to being Kent's executive assistant, Hamilton was president of Coca-Cola's Global Wal-Mart Group, charged with leading its relationship with the stores globally. She has been with the group since 1996 and has held a variety of sales and marketing roles.
Susan Gambardella, currently VP of the Wendy’s global account team for Coca-Cola's Refreshments unit, will replace Hamilton as Kent's executive assistant. She will take up the role in January to allow for a three-month transition.
Earlier today, Coca-Cola rejected calls by shareholder David Winters for Kent to step down.
The Coca-Cola Co's North America division has appointed Hendrik Steckhan to the role of president of US operations....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research