CHINA: Coca-Cola Co prepares sales drive
China will play a leading role in Coca-Cola Co's plan to double annual sales in the next decade, the soft drinks giant has said.
Coca-Cola plans to triple its sales in China and will more than double its number of bottling plants in the country, a spokesperson for the company confirmed to just-drinks today (24 November).
China is the soft drinks firm's third largest market by volume, after growing by 18% in volume terms in 2008.
The company is preparing a bigger push in emerging markets such as China and India to drive higher sales growth.
Net sales from Coca-Cola and its affiliate bottlers around the world are expected to double to reach US$200bn by 2020, the group announced at a conference it hosted for analysts last week.
In March this year, Coca-Cola announced it would invest $2bn in China over the next three years.
Following Chinese authorities' rejection of the group's $2.4bn bid to buy Huiyuan Juice Group earlier this year, the firm reaffirmed its commitment to the country by opening two new bottling plants.
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends