US: Coca-Cola Co, PepsiCo, Dr Pepper Snapple Group unveil Calories Count vending machines
Click through to view the new vending machine
The 'Calories Count Vending Program' will help consumers make informed choices about the beverages they drink and add to the companies' anti-obesity initiatives, the American Beverage Association (ABA) said yesterday (8 October). The machines will be unveiled in Chicago and San Antonio next year before rolling out nation-wide, ABA said.
“The ... programme will provide clear calorie information on vending machines, encourage lower-calorie beverage choices and remind consumers that 'calories count' in all the choices they make,” the US soft drinks lobby group said.
As well as nutritional information on selection buttons, the vending machines will carry labels encouraging consumers to choose a low-calorie beverage.
The ABA has spearheaded a number of anti-obesity drives for soft drinks firms, including campaigns to reduce calories from beverages shipped to schools.
The concentrates market remains in rude health, with both developed and emerging markets for soft drinks offering great rewards. Here, Jonas Feliciano from Euromonitor takes a closer look at the categ...
PepsiCo has launched the latest global advertising campaign for its Pepsi CSD range, featuring US singer Beyonce Knowles....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- Are Big Spirits Companies Failing to Innovate?
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Suntory sells Louis Royer Cognac for US$110m
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research