US: Coca-Cola Co, PepsiCo, Dr Pepper Snapple Group unveil Calories Count vending machines
Click through to view the new vending machine
The 'Calories Count Vending Program' will help consumers make informed choices about the beverages they drink and add to the companies' anti-obesity initiatives, the American Beverage Association (ABA) said yesterday (8 October). The machines will be unveiled in Chicago and San Antonio next year before rolling out nation-wide, ABA said.
“The ... programme will provide clear calorie information on vending machines, encourage lower-calorie beverage choices and remind consumers that 'calories count' in all the choices they make,” the US soft drinks lobby group said.
As well as nutritional information on selection buttons, the vending machines will carry labels encouraging consumers to choose a low-calorie beverage.
The ABA has spearheaded a number of anti-obesity drives for soft drinks firms, including campaigns to reduce calories from beverages shipped to schools.
The concentrates market remains in rude health, with both developed and emerging markets for soft drinks offering great rewards. Here, Jonas Feliciano from Euromonitor takes a closer look at the categ...
PepsiCo has launched the latest global advertising campaign for its Pepsi CSD range, featuring US singer Beyonce Knowles....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends