US: Coca-Cola Co, PepsiCo, Dr Pepper Snapple Group unveil Calories Count vending machines
Click through to view the new vending machine
The 'Calories Count Vending Program' will help consumers make informed choices about the beverages they drink and add to the companies' anti-obesity initiatives, the American Beverage Association (ABA) said yesterday (8 October). The machines will be unveiled in Chicago and San Antonio next year before rolling out nation-wide, ABA said.
“The ... programme will provide clear calorie information on vending machines, encourage lower-calorie beverage choices and remind consumers that 'calories count' in all the choices they make,” the US soft drinks lobby group said.
As well as nutritional information on selection buttons, the vending machines will carry labels encouraging consumers to choose a low-calorie beverage.
The ABA has spearheaded a number of anti-obesity drives for soft drinks firms, including campaigns to reduce calories from beverages shipped to schools.
The concentrates market remains in rude health, with both developed and emerging markets for soft drinks offering great rewards. Here, Jonas Feliciano from Euromonitor takes a closer look at the categ...
PepsiCo has launched the latest global advertising campaign for its Pepsi CSD range, featuring US singer Beyonce Knowles....
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research