US: Coca-Cola Co, PepsiCo, Dr Pepper Snapple Group unveil Calories Count vending machines
Click through to view the new vending machine
The 'Calories Count Vending Program' will help consumers make informed choices about the beverages they drink and add to the companies' anti-obesity initiatives, the American Beverage Association (ABA) said yesterday (8 October). The machines will be unveiled in Chicago and San Antonio next year before rolling out nation-wide, ABA said.
“The ... programme will provide clear calorie information on vending machines, encourage lower-calorie beverage choices and remind consumers that 'calories count' in all the choices they make,” the US soft drinks lobby group said.
As well as nutritional information on selection buttons, the vending machines will carry labels encouraging consumers to choose a low-calorie beverage.
The ABA has spearheaded a number of anti-obesity drives for soft drinks firms, including campaigns to reduce calories from beverages shipped to schools.
The Coca-Cola Company slightly underperformed the world’s soft drinks market amid the recession in Western Europe and slow economic recovery in the US. It is actively expanding in low calorie carbonat...
The concentrates market remains in rude health, with both developed and emerging markets for soft drinks offering great rewards. Here, Jonas Feliciano from Euromonitor takes a closer look at the categ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Nutrition Foods and Drinks in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports/Energy Foods, and Sports/Energy Drinks....
PepsiCo has launched the latest global advertising campaign for its Pepsi CSD range, featuring US singer Beyonce Knowles....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk