Coca-Cola Co names new technical head
Coca-Cola will see a new technical, innovation head take over from next month
The Coca-Cola Co has appointed a new chief technical & innovation officer, with the current incumbent set to step down at the end of this month.
Ed Hays will replace Guy Wollaert in the role, the US-based group confirmed to just-drinks today. A company spokesperson said Wollaert is “retiring” from the company after 22 years to return to his native Belgium. No further detail was given on his future plans.
In an internal memo, seen by just-drinks, Alex Cummings, Coca-Cola's chief administrative officer, said: “I know first hand this has been a highly personal and difficult decision for Guy, one arrived at following an extended period of care and consideration.”
Hays has been with Coca-Cola for 30 years and is currently the firm's VP for global science, regulatory & formula governance.
For a company dead set on becoming the biggest in its field - and reportedly beyond - Anheuser-Busch InBev's decision to sell off SABMiller's stake in China's CR Snow to JV partner China Resources Bee...
An analyst from SIG has called Anheuser-Busch InBev's sale of SABMiller's 49% interest in CR Snow "disappointing". ...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends