US: Coca-Cola Co moves to address aspartame fears
Click through to view the Coca-Cola Co aspartame ad
The Coca-Cola Co has launched a US ad campaign to tackle health concerns around the artificial sweetener aspartame.
The print ad, which first appeared in newspapers today (14 August), claims that “the safety of aspartame is supported by more than 200 studies over the last 40 years”. The ad states: “Time and again, these low- and no-calorie sweeteners have shown to be safe, high-quality alternatives to sugar.”
A Coca-Cola spokeperson told just-drinks: “We know that people have questions about aspartame. So, we created this print ad to address their concerns and make it easier for them to get the facts.”
The company says it is offering more low- and no-calorie options to “change with the times and people's tastes”.
Coca-Cola's campaign is part of a wider initiative started earlier this year, which acknowleged the role the company has in tackling the issue of obesity.
Around 29% of US adults are now classified as 'obese', according to latest figures from the Centers for Disease Control.
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Bottled Water market to grow at a CAGR of 5.4 percent over the period 2012-2016. The population is increasing in many countries and this is one of the key fact...
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd reports on the recent controversy surrounding the SodaStream Super Bowl advert in the US and asks, who really gained from its rejection by the media?...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research