US: Coca-Cola Co looks to advance women with exec moves
Coca-Cola Co announced the appointments last week
The Coca-Cola Co has announced the internal promotion of two executives.
The company said late last week that Wendy Clark, the current senior VP, global sparkling brand centre, will become president of sparkling & strategic marketing at Coca-Cola North America. Clark joined Coca-Cola in 2008, starting as senior VP of integrated marketing communications & capabilities. She will start in her new role on 1 June and will report to Coca-Cola North America president Sandy Douglas.
Replacing Clark will be Katie Bayne, who is moving from her current role as president & GM of sparkling beverages for North America. Reporting to Coca-Cola's executive VP & chief marketing officer, Joe Tripodi, Bayne also starts on 1 June.
“These moves bolster our commitment to the advancement of women across our company and in our leadership pipeline,” said Coca-Cola in an internal memo last week.
Also last week, Coca-Cola confirmed the handing over of bottler territory in the US to Coca-Cola Bottling Co Consolidated.
Following the announcement that PepsiCo is dropping aspartame from its diet cola in the US, Drinksinfo's Ray Rowlands analyses the potential effect this could have on the country's soda market in gene...
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends