GLOBAL: Coca-Cola Co lines up tie-in with Spotify
Coca-Cola executives announce a partnership with digital music service Spotify
The Coca-Cola Co is set to use technology from Spotify on its Facebook page and in its online ad campaigns.
The partnership, which was announced yesterday (18 April), will see Coca-Cola use its global marketing presence to expand Spotify into new territories. The digital music service is currently only available in 13 countries.
Followers of Coca-Cola's brands on Facebook friends will be able to stream music from Spotify, and can use a Coca-Cola-branded Spotify app. The agreement sees Spotify and Coca-Cola become dedicated global partners in 2013 for a campaign to be unveiled later in the year.
“Global expansion is a key part of the deal,” a Coca-Cola spokeswoman told just-drinks. “We will be working closely with Spotify as they continue to launch in new markets.”
The spokeswoman said the deal will provide Coca-Cola customers access to Spotify through pack promotions, customer partnerships and traditional advertising.
Spotify was launched in Sweden in 2008 and has about 10m active users and around 3m paying subscribers.
The online music provider is available in the US, UK, Sweden, France, Spain, Netherlands, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium and Germany.
In 2011, global soft drinks sales reached 609bn litres, up by 4% over the previous year and continuing a steady upwards trend. At the same time, global consumption continues to evolve, both in terms o...
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends