US: Coca-Cola Co launches Winter Olympics campaign
Coca-Cola in Winter Olympics campaign
The Coca-Cola Co has launched a campaign in the US to coincide with the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games in Canada.
The campaign, to be anchored by a group of US Olympians, will also involve limited edition Olympic Games-themed packaging, media and digital experiences, the soft drinks firm said yesterday (25 January).
Games-themed collectible cans, fridge packs featuring silhouettes of popular Winter Games sports will be available to purchase in supermarkets, convenience stores and mass retailers from this month.
“The dedication to active living and amazing athletic performances of our ‘Six-Pack’ of athletes served as inspiration for these Coca-Cola Olympic Games-themed collectible cans,” said Katie Bayne, chief marketing officer, Coca-Cola North America. “Our special packaging and overall Coca-Cola Olympic Games programme are a great way to celebrate the games.”
A Coca-Cola “Six Pack” of athletes will feature on in-store materials and serves as Coca-Cola “Ambassadors of Active Living,” the firm said. The include Apolo Anton Ohno (short track speed skating), Gretchen Bleiler (snowboard), Angela Ruggiero (ice hockey), Evan Lysacek (figure skating) and Keauna McLaughlin and Rockne Brubaker (figure skating).
A global Olympic TV commercial, “Snowball,” will run on NBC during primetime Olympic Winter Games programming.
The Games will take place from 12-28 February.
The firm last month announced two officer elections. Ceree Eberly, senior vice president, chief people officer, and Chris Nolan, vice president and treasurer, were both appointed.
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- This week in spirits & wine
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts