US: Coca-Cola Co launches Powerade global campaign
The Coca-Cola Co is to launch its first global marketing campaign for Powerade.
The ‘Keep Playing’ campaign will launch in time for the FIFA World Cup in South Africa in June, for which Powerade will be sponsor, the firm said today (31 March).
During the month-long tournament, Powerade will be available at all ten venues from the opening game between South Africa and Mexico on 11 June.
Global marketing efforts for the Powerade brand will be activated in its top 20 markets accounting for 95% of the brand’s volume, before and during the tournament, Coca-Cola said.
The bottle has also received a revamp, which will be available from June.
“The FIFA World Cup is the biggest sporting event in 2010 and an incredible platform for us to showcase the brand to a worldwide audience," said Mark Greatrex SVP, still beverages at Coca-Cola.
"This is a major milestone for the Powerade brand and an indication of the importance of the sports drink category in our portfolio of beverages."
A website has also been created featuring a digital film hosted on www.youtube.com/powerade, showing an interactive “never-ending football game” played around the world.
Along with the 2010 FIFA World Cup logo, the designation will feature in all brand channels, including packaging, point of sale materials and 2010 FIFA World Cup merchandise and signage.
Companies: The Coca-Cola Company
As we have pondered on this site before, there are many indicators as to whether we are heading towards any sort of sustainable economic recovery, from employment levels to GDP growth and the housing ...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends