US: Coca-Cola Co. launches global Coke campaign
The Coca-Cola Co. is set to unveil the latest global marketing campaign for its namesake CSD in the US today (21 January).
The campaign, entitled 'Open Happiness', will break tonight with a television advert during American Idol in the US, with more to air in the following weeks, including during the broadcasts of the Super Bowl and the Academy Awards.
The push, which will include new point of sale, promotions, outdoor and print advertising, and digital and music components, will roll out throughout the first half of this year in markets around the world, the company said.
"Open Happiness is designed to work at every level - from national advertising all the way down to coolers and store shelves, with a clear call to action at the point of purchase," said Joe Tripodi, chief marketing and commercial leadership officer at Coca-Cola. "The combination of inspirational marketing and in-store execution in collaboration with our bottling partners worldwide will ensure we continue to reinvigorate the sparkling category."
The campaign will break first in the US with print ads and new television commercials airing this week. Outdoor advertising and in-store executions will appear by the end of the month. Music will also play a central role in the new campaign beginning with a new music track featured in one of the ads that will be released as a single. The music is a collaboration featuring Gnarls Barkley's Cee-Lo, Patrick Stump from Fall Out Boy, Brendon Urie from Panic at the Disco, Travis McCoy from Gym Class Heroes and Janelle Monae and produced by Polow Da Don and Butch Walker.
At the same time as the promotion, in North America, two new Coke Zero ads debuted on the premiere of American Idol last week and later this month, while the Diet Coke 'Red Dress' programme, in conjunction with The Heart Truth, will begin its second year.
The confirmation on Monday (13 July) that Japan's two largest drinks companies - Kirin and Suntory - are in discussions on merging their operations may have caught the industry by surprise, but the re...
Drinks giant Coca-Cola will unveil a 49-foot tall contour bottle at the home of the Atlanta Braves baseball team in the US this week....
Tata Tea has selected DSC Logistics as its US distribution partner....
Grand Marnier parent company Marnier-Lapostolle has announced a new senior sales team....
Coca-Cola Co has launched the latest in its series of Nascar-related adverts for Coca-Cola Zero, to coincide with the brand's fourth anniversary....
Coca-Cola Co's subsidiary for Inner Mongolia, the autonomous region affiliated to China, is to open a US$19m bottling plant....
Read the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Coca-Cola Co. has opened two bottling facilities in China this week....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages