US: Coca-Cola Co launches 'Cheers' Super Bowl campaign
'Coke Cheers' encourages consumers to upload a photograph of themselves with a can of Coca-Cola
The Coca-Cola Co has launched a promotional campaign to coincide with the US Super Bowl XLV on 6 February.
The campaign, entitled 'Coke Cheers', invites consumers to upload a photograph of themselves with a can of Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Coke Zero or Sprite onto the company's website. For each photo added, the soft drinks giant will donate US$1 - up to $250,000 - to the 'Boys and Girls Clubs of America' programme.
Consumers will also be able to view one of the adverts that will air during the Super Bowl tournament to be held in Texas. This is the fifth consecutive year that Coca-Cola commercials will appear in the Super Bowl telecast.
Bea Perez, chief marketing officer for Coca-Cola North America, said: "For the second year in row we are using the tremendous appeal of the Super Bowl to invite fans to join us in making a positive difference in their communities. Sharing a sneak peek at one of our ads is our way of saying thank you."
Photos can be uploaded at a campaign-specific website.
US drinks manufacturers have launched uniformed, voluntary guidelines for food and drink products marketed to children in a response to mooted government voluntary standards. Ben Cooper examines wheth...
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends