US: Coca-Cola Co launches 'Cheers' Super Bowl campaign
'Coke Cheers' encourages consumers to upload a photograph of themselves with a can of Coca-Cola
The Coca-Cola Co has launched a promotional campaign to coincide with the US Super Bowl XLV on 6 February.
The campaign, entitled 'Coke Cheers', invites consumers to upload a photograph of themselves with a can of Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Coke Zero or Sprite onto the company's website. For each photo added, the soft drinks giant will donate US$1 - up to $250,000 - to the 'Boys and Girls Clubs of America' programme.
Consumers will also be able to view one of the adverts that will air during the Super Bowl tournament to be held in Texas. This is the fifth consecutive year that Coca-Cola commercials will appear in the Super Bowl telecast.
Bea Perez, chief marketing officer for Coca-Cola North America, said: "For the second year in row we are using the tremendous appeal of the Super Bowl to invite fans to join us in making a positive difference in their communities. Sharing a sneak peek at one of our ads is our way of saying thank you."
Photos can be uploaded at a campaign-specific website.
US drinks manufacturers have launched uniformed, voluntary guidelines for food and drink products marketed to children in a response to mooted government voluntary standards. Ben Cooper examines wheth...
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research