US: Coca-Cola Co. invests US$2m in Recyclebank
The Coca-Cola Co. has invested US$2m in Recyclebank, a rewards programme that motivates people to recycle in the US.
The investment has been made to help enable RecycleBank to expand nationwide, the company said. The investment is part of a larger relationship with RecycleBank to increase curbside recycling rates in the US.
RecycleBank motivates households and communities to recycle by financially rewarding each household for the amount they've recycled. RecycleBank's proprietary technology measures the amount of material recycled and then converts the amount into RecycleBank Points that can be used at hundreds of local and national reward partners.
"Through our additional investment in RecycleBank, we are fulfilling our commitment to advance economically viable approaches to recycling collection in the communities we serve," said Scott Vitters, director of sustainable packaging, The Coca-Cola Company. "We believe this program will revolutionize the way consumers view their trash, from disposables to valuable reusables."
"Coca-Cola believed in RecycleBank when it was just an entrepreneur's vision and has continued to support us since our launch," said Ron Gonen, CEO of RecycleBank. "We are proud that our relationship continues to deepen with Coca-Cola as we work together on a number of activities to promote a more sustainable business community and to scale RecycleBank nationally."
As a practical, economical and lightweight packaging medium, polyethylene terephthalate (PET) is without peer and has become widely used by soft drinks producers. But as environmental pressures have g...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
The Coca-Cola Co. and Illycaffè have finalised their global joint venture, kickstarting it with the launch of three premium RTD coffee products across a number of European markets....
Cadbury Schweppes has appointed four new members to the board of directors of Dr Pepper Snapple Group, its US beverages subsidiary, including the former Coca-Cola COO Jack Stahl. The other appointment...
The Coca-Cola Company was today part of a public-private partnership that announced a collaborative project to address water issues in four water stressed provinces of China: Sichuan, Heilongjiang, Xi...
Trading in the securities of US soft drinks company Beverage Creations has been suspended, due to "manipulative forces or deceptive practices"....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has acquired a franchised Coca-Cola bottling company in Mexia, Texas....
The best-selling new US beverage in 2007 was Vault, a soft drink owned by Coca-Cola Co., which hit sales of $70m, according to industry analysts IRI....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review