GLOBAL: Coca-Cola Co gives juice brands a makeover
Coca-Cola Co has unveiled a uniform packaging design for all of its juice brands around the world, marking out the category as a key driver of sales growth.
The move, announced today (17 November) and following "extensive consumer research", will see more than 100 juice and juice drink brands sold by Coca-Cola Co in 145 countries receive uniform branding.
"Our new, uniform packaging design system unites key brands in our juice portfolio, including Minute Maid, Del Valle, Andina and Cappy, under a single, iconic brand identity," said Guy Wollaert, general manager of the Coca-Cola Co's Global Juice Center.
Coca-Cola Co is the global juice market leader and the company claims to buy one in six of all oranges that are processed for juice. Its juice sales grew by an average 11% per year between 1998 and 2008.
"By uniting the juice brand portfolio under one scalable framework, new packaging can be introduced quickly and efficiently, ensuring a consistent global design that builds brand value while minimising operating costs and increasing productivity for local businesses worldwide," said Coca-Cola Co.
It said the rebranding is the first in a series of "important milestones" designed to maintain Coca-Cola Co's position as the world's number one juice firm.
"In coming months, Coca-Cola Co will implement new initiatives that will benefit local businesses and consumers globally, including product innovations, sustainability efforts, strategic partnerships and the debut of successful juice products in additional markets," said the group.
Coca-Cola Co has spent the last two days updating analysts on its growth strategy for the next decade.
Yesterday, the US-based soft drinks giant said it plans to double net sales to US$200bn by 2020, largely via growth in emerging markets.
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review