INDIA: Coca-Cola Co focusses on India growth by creating separate operation
Coca-Cola has announced the changes in the wake of a wider restructure by the group
From 1 October, the unit will be divided into two regions: India, and South West Asia (SWA). The SWA region will cover Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives, the group said.
The SWA region will also include the group's juice business, Coca-Cola said. The changes come in the wake of a global restructuring by Coca-Cola, announced in July.
Venkatesh Kini, currently heading up marketing of global juice, has been appointed senior VP for the India region. Meanwhile, Neeraj Garg, the VP providing franchise leadership support to company-owned bottling operations (CBO) in India will take responsibility for the SWA region and juice business.
Both will report to Atul Singh, president of the Coca-Cola India and South West Asia Business Unit.
"India is one of the key growth markets for The Coca-Cola Co and the business unit's role is critical to the company achieving its 2020 vision," the company said.
It added: "We have been growing for the last 24 quarters and the India market is now amongst the top seven markets for the company.
"We now need to have the scale and resources to capture latent growth across the business unit."
This four-part management briefing takes a look at the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for drinks companies in the area of logistics in the BRIC markets. Part one looks at Brazil....
The penultimate part of this month's managment briefing, which looks at the logisitics landscape for drinks companies keen to get into the BRIC markets, considers the strengths, weaknesses, opportunit...
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits