MEXICO: Coca-Cola Co., FEMSA launch tender for Jugos del Valle
The move is being made through the Mexican-owned company Administración, which is owned directly or indirectly in equal proportion by FEMSA and Coke. It is being made after a ruling by the National Banking and Securities Commission which authorised Administración to launch a Tender Public Offering
Administración launched offering to buy the shares for an approximate amount of US$370 million in cash, equivalent to a price of US$6.34 per share and assuming liabilities for approximately US$86m.
"This transaction increases the presence of The Coca-Cola Company and Coca-Cola FEMSA, in the fast growing non-carbonated beverage segment in Latin America," a statement said.
Once the offering to buy the shares is completed, and as soon as possible, both companies will invite the rest of the bottlers of The Coca-Cola Company branded products in Mexico and Brazil, respectively, to participate in the joint-venture, FEMSA said.
Jugos del Valle is the second largest producer of juice, nectars and juice based products in Mexico, the largest in Brazil and with presence in other American markets.
This transaction has been approved by the Mexican regulatory authorities.
The Cognac market - or at least the VSOP-and-above part of it - is riding the crest of a wave and will be finding it increasingly difficult to meet demand. But having seen booms and busts before, Chri...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
The Coca-Cola Co. and Illycaffè have finalised their global joint venture, kickstarting it with the launch of three premium RTD coffee products across a number of European markets....
Fomento Economico Mexicano (Femsa) has confirmed details of its latest dividend payment....
Coca-Cola has removed the artificial sweetener sodium cyclamate from the formula for Coke Zero in Mexico....
Heineken USA has readied a national advertising campaign in the US for FEMSA's Cerveza Tecate Mexican beer brand....
Heineken has announced that Mary Minnick, a partner in UK-based venture capital group Lion Capital, is to join its Supervisory Board....
Newer beverage lines continue to drive growth in the US soft drink market, which enlarged by 1.3% in 2007, according to figures released this week....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Edrington's Highland Park Valkyrie - NPD
- Coca-Cola to cut 1,200 jobs
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report