MEXICO: Coca-Cola Co., FEMSA appeal Jugos del Valle decision
In May, the Comisión Federal de Competencia in Mexico (CFC) objected to the planned acquisition of the Mexican fruit juice company. The purchase would have involved buying all shares in the company for US$380m, taking on debt worth up to US$90m.
The two companies confirmed today (18 July), however, that they have presented an appeal before the CFC, regarding its objection.
The two companies also said that the CFC decided yesterday to approve the purchase, "subject to certain conditions that we anticipate will be acceptable".
"We expect to receive the final notification in the following weeks," the companies concluded.
RTD coffee producers are broadening consumption opportunities for their products in a move to overcome the perception that coffee is unhealthy, according to an industry report....
FEMSA Cerveza has confirmed that it is raising its prices in Mexico....
The Coca-Cola Co. is looking to invest in US-based soft drinks company Honest Tea, according to local reports....
Microsoft Corporation boss Bill Gates has taken a stake in Fomento Economico Mexicano (FEMSA), according to a US Securities and Exchange Commission filing....
The Coca-Cola Co. has successfully appealed against a court ruling in Argentina that said a campaign by Danone had not affected sales of Coca-Cola's Dasani water brand in the country....
The Coca-Cola Co. is not planning to find a replacement chief operating officer following last week's reshuffle announcement....
The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co. is set to stand down next year....
Fomento Economico Mexicano (FEMSA) has announced the placement of two tranches of Mexican Peso-denominated bonds in the Mexican capital markets....
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory