US: Coca-Cola Co. extends Wingstop contract
The Coca-Cola company has secured an extension of its beverage contract with US restaurant chain Wingstop.
The "multi-year" renewal was confirmed yesterday (21 February), although financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
The US restaurant group said that, under the terms of the agreement, Coca-Cola FoodService, the division of Coca-Cola North America that serves the restaurant and foodservice industry, will supply Wingstop stores nationwide with its brands, including Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite.
"Coca-Cola brings a full range of products and support, including marketing and consumer insights, as well as the best fountain drinks for Wingstop restaurant customers," said Andy Howard, Wingstop's executive vice president of marketing, purchasing and R&D. "We know they'll be great partners to help us grow our business and our profits."
"Wingstop is a great concept run by great people. It is our privilege to support their growth with great beverages," said Bill Adams, area vice president for Coca-Cola Foodservice.
Wingstop has more than 600 restaurants either open or under development in 28 US states.
I remember writing about four years ago that the level of media attention in the UK being levelled on obesity may temper the threat of potential regulation of the alcohol industry as legislators sharp...
The 2008 Beijing Olympics are almost upon us as we finally realise that in addition to all the brand sponsorship activity, there will be some sport. Not surprisingly Coca-Cola is one of the leading pa...
Coca-Cola will screen a film at the China Olympics focusing on hand-picked "environment champions", as part of the group's strategy to improve its image on sustainability....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has said it remains committed to Diet Coke Plus, despite news that at least one UK retailer is de-listing the functional soft drink....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news the world's number one wine group was to reduce its Australian footprint, Coca-Cola has acquired assets in Colombia and Diageo i...
Coca-Cola FEMSA has teamed up The Coca-Cola Company to acquire Agua Brisa from SABMiller's subsidiary in Colombia....
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is rolling out new cashless payment technology to vending machines in NSW and Victoria, Australia....
A Chicago businessman has filed a lawsuit against The Coca-Cola Co., accusing the soft drinks giant of stealing the Zero brand name....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018