GERMANY: Coca-Cola Co extends Bayern Munich tie-up
Coca-Cola has sponsored Bayern Munich for 45 years
The Coca-Cola Co has agreed a three-year sponsorship extension with German football club Bayern Munich.
The 45-year partnership will now run until at least 2016 in a deal that includes stadium activations and store and restaurant promotions, Coca-Cola's German unit said yesterday (25 February). Financial details of the tie-up were not disclosed.
Bayern have played home games at the Allianz Arena since 2005, and last year the stadium hosted the Champions League final.
“We are very pleased that after many years of success we will continue working with the industry leader,” Coca-Cola Bavaria director Rudolf Greimel said.
Earlier this year, Coca-Cola's German operations were hit by strike action ahead of discussions over possible job losses and more flexible working hours.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts