GERMANY: Coca-Cola Co extends Bayern Munich tie-up
Coca-Cola has sponsored Bayern Munich for 45 years
The Coca-Cola Co has agreed a three-year sponsorship extension with German football club Bayern Munich.
The 45-year partnership will now run until at least 2016 in a deal that includes stadium activations and store and restaurant promotions, Coca-Cola's German unit said yesterday (25 February). Financial details of the tie-up were not disclosed.
Bayern have played home games at the Allianz Arena since 2005, and last year the stadium hosted the Champions League final.
“We are very pleased that after many years of success we will continue working with the industry leader,” Coca-Cola Bavaria director Rudolf Greimel said.
Earlier this year, Coca-Cola's German operations were hit by strike action ahead of discussions over possible job losses and more flexible working hours.
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Sustainability in Drinks - Sugar: A Shared Priorit
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Brown-Forman looks to raise US$500m
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beer, 2014 and the future