GERMANY: Coca-Cola Co extends Bayern Munich tie-up
Coca-Cola has sponsored Bayern Munich for 45 years
The Coca-Cola Co has agreed a three-year sponsorship extension with German football club Bayern Munich.
The 45-year partnership will now run until at least 2016 in a deal that includes stadium activations and store and restaurant promotions, Coca-Cola's German unit said yesterday (25 February). Financial details of the tie-up were not disclosed.
Bayern have played home games at the Allianz Arena since 2005, and last year the stadium hosted the Champions League final.
“We are very pleased that after many years of success we will continue working with the industry leader,” Coca-Cola Bavaria director Rudolf Greimel said.
Earlier this year, Coca-Cola's German operations were hit by strike action ahead of discussions over possible job losses and more flexible working hours.
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research