GERMANY: Coca-Cola Co extends Bayern Munich tie-up
Coca-Cola has sponsored Bayern Munich for 45 years
The Coca-Cola Co has agreed a three-year sponsorship extension with German football club Bayern Munich.
The 45-year partnership will now run until at least 2016 in a deal that includes stadium activations and store and restaurant promotions, Coca-Cola's German unit said yesterday (25 February). Financial details of the tie-up were not disclosed.
Bayern have played home games at the Allianz Arena since 2005, and last year the stadium hosted the Champions League final.
“We are very pleased that after many years of success we will continue working with the industry leader,” Coca-Cola Bavaria director Rudolf Greimel said.
Earlier this year, Coca-Cola's German operations were hit by strike action ahead of discussions over possible job losses and more flexible working hours.
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
The Coca-Cola Company slightly underperformed the world’s soft drinks market amid the recession in Western Europe and slow economic recovery in the US. It is actively expanding in low calorie carbonat...
"Anadolu Efes Biracilik ve Malt Sanayii A.S. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The prof...
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo bags Facebook unit boss as director
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post