US: Coca-Cola Co expresses confidence in Q2 results
The Coca-Cola Co has expressed continued confidence in the company's global business outlook for the second quarter and full year 2008.
Strength in international operations, representing over 80% of the company's operating income, is expected to continue to offset weakness in North America resulting from the difficult economic environment.
The company remains committed to restoring growth in its flagship North America market and is working collaboratively with its bottling partners, Coca-Cola said today (28 May).
Currency is estimated to provide a mid-single digit favourable benefit to 2008 operating income. The company will reinvest a portion of the currency benefit in marketing programmes and productivity initiatives to drive long-term sustainable growth.
Australia's drinks industry could be facing a few seismic shifts over the next few months....
Coca-Cola's distribution deal with Hansen Natural may best be summed up with the old catchphrase, 'if you can't beat them, join them'....
The Coca-Cola Co. has signed a beverage contract with Island Hospitality Management, the operators of hotels under the Marriot, Hilton and Hyatt flags....
Strong growth for the Monster Energy drink brand has lifted sales and profit at Hansen Natural Corp in the third quarter, the group has said....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has seen a one-off pension-related payment help turn profit to loss in its third quarter....
Respected investment adviser Standard & Poor's has downgraded its rating for Coca-Cola Enterprises, after the bottler slashed earnings guidance....
The Coca-Cola Co.'s North American unit has unveiled plans to place calories-per-serving and servings-per-container information on the front of all packages for its entire US beverage portfolio....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has cut full-year earnings guidance following a fall in profit in its third quarter, blaming its problems on a tough soft drinks market in North America....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends