GLOBAL: Coca-Cola Co draughts in Andrés Iniesta for Powerade push - video
The Coca-Cola Co's has teamed up with Spanish footballer Andrés Iniesta to launch a global ad push for its Powerade sports drink brand.
The campaign, which will hit 40 global markets later this year, kicked off yesterday (29 January) with a online videos across Powerade's social channels. The videos include one where young Brazilian football players travel to Barcelona to meet Iniesta, who scored Spain's winning goal in the 2010 World Cup.
No financial details of the campaign have been disclosed.
Coca-Cola said the push will “tell the stories of footballers who have overcome adversity to lift their teammates, rally supporters and inspire communities”.
It comes ahead of this year's World Cup, due to be held in Brazil in June and July. Coca-Cola has been an official sponsor of the World Cup since 1978.
Last month, the Brazilian unit of Coca-Cola was ordered to pay compensation to the Brazilian Football Confederation for the improper use of images in an advertising campaign in the country.
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends