CHINA: Coca-Cola Co develops Minute Maid dairy drink
The Coca-Cola Co is entering the fast-growing Chinese dairy drinks market with a new product under the Minute Maid brand.
Minute Maid Pulpy Super Milky is made with fruit juice, milk powder with whey protein and coconut bits and comes in mango, peach and pineapple flavours. It was developed by the group's innovation centre in Shanghai.
Chinese consumers are increasingly turning to dairy and fruit beverages as incomes rise alongside health concerns. The market consumed more than 6.2bn litres of dairy drinks in 2008, said Coca-Cola, citing research firm Canadean.
The new drink will be launched in 300 cities across China by the end of this year, going head to head with domestic producer Wahaha's Nutri Express.
Doug Jackson, president of Coca-Cola China, said the product "underscores our commitment to China in developing new products for the local market and the world from our Chinese R&D center".
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends