US: Coca-Cola Co. declares dividend
The board of directors of The Coca-Cola Co. yesterday (17 April) declared a regular quarterly dividend of 38 cents per common share. The dividend is payable 1 July 2008, to shareowners of record as of 15 June 2008.
In February, the board approved the company's 46th consecutive annual increase, raising the quarterly dividend 12% . This is equivalent to an annual dividend of US$1.52 per share, up from $1.36 per share in 2007.
Earlier this week, the soft drink giant delivered a first quarter lift in profits due to strong international sales offsetting slower sales in North America's "challenging economic climate".
The soft-drinks company said net income for its first quarter ended 28 March was US$1.50bn compared with $1.26bn at the same time the previous year. Net operating revenue rose from $6.10bn last year to $7.38bn this year aided by foreign exchange rates.
Overall unit case volume rose 6% in the quarter, driven by a 7% gain in markets abroad, the company said.
Coca-Cola's distribution deal with Hansen Natural may best be summed up with the old catchphrase, 'if you can't beat them, join them'....
Hansen Natural reached a distribution deal this week with Coca-Cola Co, together with Coca-Cola Enterprises, to distribute its Monster energy drink in six Western European countries as well as Canada ...
A dividend of US$0.38 per share will be paid by The Coca-Cola Co, following the soft drinks giant's third quarter earnings rise....
Coca-Cola Amatil has said it is on-track to meet operating profit growth of 7% for its full-year, following a solid third quarter....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
The Coca-Cola Co. has secured a "multi-year" beverage contract with US restaurant chain Firehouse Subs....
Hansen Natural has warned that it will take a hefty charge following this week's announcement that it has secured a distribution deal with The Coca-Cola Co. and Coca-Cola Enterprises....
Hansen Natural has secured a long-expected tie-up with The Coca-Cola Co. and Coca-Cola Enterprises for its Monster Energy brand....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research