INDIA: Coca-Cola Co considers Indian Burn launch
The Coca-Cola Co is readying its Burn energy drink brand for the Indian market, according to sources.
The launch in India will be selective with the drink available only in selected outlets, reports out of the country have claimed The Indian version of Burn will be available in a 250ml pack and priced at between INR70 and INR90 ($2).
Burn was recently launched in the Maldives, in 250ml glass bottles.
Nobody at Coca-Cola in India was available to confirm the reports when contacted by just-drinks.
The company's first introduction in this segment, Shock, has struggled to make a mark on India's fledgling energy drinks market when introduced in 2001.
Local forecasts have said that the energy drinks market in India is expected to double to around US$215m within the next two years.
Energy drinks in India have been under fire over high caffeine levels, with Maharashtra's state government prohibiting sales of popular brand Red Bull earlier this year.
Last year, Coca-Cola's rival, PepsiCo, launched its energy drink, SoBe.
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Pay freeze anger threatens Carlsberg UK site
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research