INDIA: Coca-Cola Co considers Indian Burn launch
The Coca-Cola Co is readying its Burn energy drink brand for the Indian market, according to sources.
The launch in India will be selective with the drink available only in selected outlets, reports out of the country have claimed The Indian version of Burn will be available in a 250ml pack and priced at between INR70 and INR90 ($2).
Burn was recently launched in the Maldives, in 250ml glass bottles.
Nobody at Coca-Cola in India was available to confirm the reports when contacted by just-drinks.
The company's first introduction in this segment, Shock, has struggled to make a mark on India's fledgling energy drinks market when introduced in 2001.
Local forecasts have said that the energy drinks market in India is expected to double to around US$215m within the next two years.
Energy drinks in India have been under fire over high caffeine levels, with Maharashtra's state government prohibiting sales of popular brand Red Bull earlier this year.
Last year, Coca-Cola's rival, PepsiCo, launched its energy drink, SoBe.
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages