UK: Coca-Cola Co considers European job cuts
150 jobs may go at Coca-Cola
The Coca-Cola Co has announced plans to review its European operations with the possible loss of 150 jobs.
The firm said today (14 April), that it has informed employees of its plans to “simplify” the structure of the business in a bid to “improve efficiency and effectiveness”.
The changes could result in up to 150 roles being affected across the 38 countries in which Coca-Cola Europe operates.
Dominique Reiniche, president of Coca-Cola Europe, said: “The changes we have announced will simplify the way we do business and make us more efficient by being faster to market and allowing us to increase the scale of our activities across Europe.”
It is understood the firm’s marketing operations will be the focus of the overhaul, however Coca-Cola declined to comment on which roles might be effected when contacted by just-drinks.
The company employs around 1,700 staff in Europe.
Last week, Coca-Cola upped its stake in smoothie maker Innocent Drinks to 58%.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future