US: Coca-Cola Co. completes Glaceau purchase
The Coca-Cola Co. has closed its acquisition of vitamin water maker Glacéau.
The soft drinks giant confirmed yesterday (7 June) that Glacéau will now operate as a separate business unit of Coca-Cola North America.
Coca-Cola president and COO Muhtar Kent said: "This acquisition fits perfectly within our focus on our North American business and our belief that, alongside our sparkling beverage leadership, an expanded active lifestyle business will greatly enhance our still beverage line-up.
"We're pleased to have closed the transaction, and now we are moving full speed ahead to fully leverage Glacéau's growth potential, first in the US and then around the world."
The US$4.1bn deal was approved by the boards of both companies last month.
The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co. is set to stand down next year....
Jones Soda Co.'s chairman and CEO will step down from his position at the end of the year....
The Coca-Cola Co. has teamed up with the World Wildlife Fund to support polar bear conservation as part the drinks giant's commitment to climate protection in the US....
The Coca-Cola Co. is looking to invest in India over the next three years in an effort to expand its operations in the country....
Coca-Cola Co. is set to raise its prices on syrup concentrate to three of its bottlers in Chile....
The Coca-Cola Co. is bracing itself for a fresh ethical onslaught in the UK next week....
The Coca-Cola Company has distanced itself from an "unsolicited" mini-tender offer launched by investment holding company K&N Value Select Corp....
Coca-Cola India is reportedly in talks to create a joint venture in the country with Tata Tea....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)