US: Coca-Cola CO CEO to head China Business Council
Kent has been appointed chair of the US-China Business Council
The chairman and CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, Muhtar Kent, has been appointed as chair of the US-China Business Council (USCBC).
Kent has been appointed to the board alongside other officers and directors, the Council said yesterday (2 June).
Indra Nooyi, chairman and CEO of PepsiCo, is one of four members that have been appointed to the board, while Robert McDonald, president, CEO and chairman of Procter & Gamble has been appointed vice-chair.
"For nearly four decades, the US-China Business Council has been the leading business organisation assisting American companies doing business with China," said Kent.
"I am honoured to lead an organisation that works to strengthen mutually beneficial economic relations between the US and China, to eliminate market barriers, and to build commercial opportunities for American companies in the China market."
Kent succeeds Andrew Liveris, chairman and CEO of The Dow Chemical Company, as USCBC chair.
In April, Coca-Cola said it plans to build two plants in China this year as part of its three-year investment in the country.
Rwanda's Government has reportedly said that it will sell off its remaining stake in the country's Bralirwa brewer, which is majority-owned by Heineken....
PepsiCo has confirmed a change in its investor relations department....
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Alcohol and the risk of breast cancer - ISFAR
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- SABMiller issues currency alert as Africa weakens
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends