GERMANY: Coca-Cola Co braces for more strikes
Coca-Cola Co is bracing for more strikes
Coca-Cola Co staff protesting against proposed job cuts continued strikes at German plants yesterday (22 January), with more stoppages planned for the rest of the week.
A “handful” of plants have been affected by the action so far. However, unions have pledged protests at 50 of Coca-Cola's 60 German facilities throughout the week, a Coca-Cola spokesperson told just-drinks.
The strikes come ahead of planned negations next Wednesday that will discuss the job losses as well as more flexible working hours.
Up to 450 jobs in finance and regional sales are at risk in a “restructuring” scheme, the spokesperson said.
Coca-Cola defended its position, saying flexible working hours are needed to compete in the beverage industry, while the job cuts are a result of moving regional departments to Berlin. The company said it is also offering staff a 2.5% pay rise for this year and a further 2% increase next year.
Coca-Cola plants staged protests on Monday involving up to 600 workers, employee union NGG said. NGG has rejected the flexible hours proposals and is seeking a 6% pay rise.
Coca-Cola Deutschland said the protests are “warning strikes” and are normal practise during negotiations in Germany.
“We believe we have made a strong and comprehensive offer that will help drive further growth for the business in Germany,” the company said in a statement.
The UK soft drinks industry saw a limited effect from the continued economic pressures during the review period and in 2012. The year was characterised by small but stable growth in value terms and st...
Coca-Cola Co's chief executive Muhtar Kent has argued that the group's second quarter performance is an "anomaly" caused by a combination of uncontrollable factors and not a "systemic" issue. ...
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Nutrition Foods and Drinks in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports/Energy Foods, and Sports/Energy Drinks....
This report analyzes the Global market for Sports and Fitness Nutrition Supplements in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Amino Acids/Derivatives, Herbal Products, Prohormones, Vitamins/Mi...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo H1 sales flatline as Q2 improves
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research