US: Coca-Cola Co appoints CCE integration chief
Coca-Cola, CCE deal to close in Q4
Coca-Cola Co has appointed its current president of supply chain and still beverages in North America to lead the firm's acqusisition of Coca-Cola Enterprises operations in the region.
Brian Kelley will become president of North America Business Integration, Coca-Cola said yesterday (29 March).
Kelley will lead a team of executives to develop a detailed plan of action to integrate four business components in both the US and Canada: CCE North America; Coca-Cola North America (CCNA) Foodservice; the Minute-Maid/Odwalla Juice business; and CCNA Supply Chain Operations.
"We will need a disciplined, orderly and efficient approach to the integration and a comprehensive plan that can be implemented immediately once the acquisition is approved and closed," said Coca-Cola chairman and CEO Muhtar Kent.
Coca-Cola said that it still expects to complete the deal in the fourth quarter of calendar 2010. The new businesses will be named Coca-Cola Refreshments USA and Coca-Cola Refreshments Canada.
A president and CEO for the merged entity will be announced "in the near future", Coca-Cola said.
As we have pondered on this site before, there are many indicators as to whether we are heading towards any sort of sustainable economic recovery, from employment levels to GDP growth and the housing ...
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US