US: Coca-Cola Co appointed supplier of Rugby World Cup
Powerade will be one of the beverages supplied to the Rugby World Cup 2011
The Coca-Cola Co is to be the official tournament supplier of non-alcoholic beverages to the Rugby World Cup 2011.
Coca-Cola will provide all 20 participating teams with water and its sports drink Powerade, the company confirmed in an announcement on RugbyWorldCup.com late last week.
Some of the firm's water brands include BonAqua, Dasani and Glaceau Smartwater.
The announcement extends Coca-Cola's association with the event that began with the 1995 South Africa World Cup.
Coca-Cola Oceania consumer and commercial manager, Bruce Weston said: "With planning already underway, we hope to make this our biggest Rugby World Cup ever."
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"