US: Coca-Cola Co appointed supplier of Rugby World Cup
Powerade will be one of the beverages supplied to the Rugby World Cup 2011
The Coca-Cola Co is to be the official tournament supplier of non-alcoholic beverages to the Rugby World Cup 2011.
Coca-Cola will provide all 20 participating teams with water and its sports drink Powerade, the company confirmed in an announcement on RugbyWorldCup.com late last week.
Some of the firm's water brands include BonAqua, Dasani and Glaceau Smartwater.
The announcement extends Coca-Cola's association with the event that began with the 1995 South Africa World Cup.
Coca-Cola Oceania consumer and commercial manager, Bruce Weston said: "With planning already underway, we hope to make this our biggest Rugby World Cup ever."
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future