US: Coca-Cola Co appointed supplier of Rugby World Cup
Powerade will be one of the beverages supplied to the Rugby World Cup 2011
The Coca-Cola Co is to be the official tournament supplier of non-alcoholic beverages to the Rugby World Cup 2011.
Coca-Cola will provide all 20 participating teams with water and its sports drink Powerade, the company confirmed in an announcement on RugbyWorldCup.com late last week.
Some of the firm's water brands include BonAqua, Dasani and Glaceau Smartwater.
The announcement extends Coca-Cola's association with the event that began with the 1995 South Africa World Cup.
Coca-Cola Oceania consumer and commercial manager, Bruce Weston said: "With planning already underway, we hope to make this our biggest Rugby World Cup ever."
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts