GLOBAL: Coca-Cola Co aims to double sales by 2020
Coca-Cola Co aims to double annual sales generated by it and its bottling system by 2020.
Sales from the Coca-Cola Co system are expected to reach US$200bn by 2020, with profit margins also set to increase, Coca-Cola Co said yesterday (16 November).
The soft drinks giant is holding a two-day analyst and investor conference on its long-term strategy, entitled "2020 Vision and Roadmap for Winning Together".
Emerging markets such as China and India are expected to provide the bulk of revenue growth over the next decade, as mature markets like the US continue to stagnate.
The firm said it plan to more than double drinks servings to 3bn by 2020.
Coca-Cola chief financial officer Gary Fayard said: "We are confident that our 2020 Vision is achievable because our proven brand and operational strategies are flexible, our system and our Company are providing unmatched scale and reach, and our operations continue to generate strong and steady cash flows."
CEO Muhtar Kent said: "To target ageing and affluent consumers globally, we are actively exploring new ingredients, new functionality and new occasions. At the same time, we are creating new strategies that are winning over a massive new generation of teens to drive growth of Trademark Coca-Cola."
Within the group's 2020 Vision document is a heightened focus on the environment.
The firm said it aims to be "the global leader in sustainable water use and [achieve] industry leadership in packaging, energy and climate protection".
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory