US: Coca-Cola Co adds bank head to director's board
Coca-Cola has added to its directorship
The Coca-Cola Co has appointed the head of bank Santander's UK operations to its board of directors.
Ana Botín, 52, takes on the role immediately, Coca-Cola said on Friday (19 July). Botín is CEO of Santander UK, a subsidiary of the Santander Group. Coca-Cola called her an “internationally recognised leader in the banking industry”.
“Her knowledge of global macroeconomic issues, experience as an entrepreneur and commitment to sustainable communities will be invaluable as we continue to grow and develop our business around the world,” said Coca-Cola chairman & CEO Muhtar Kent .
Meanwhile, Coca-Cola's head of strategy and planning Brent Hastie has been elected a VP of the company, Coca-Cola said. Hastie, 40, first joined Coca-Cola in 2006, when he held roles including chief strategy officer for Coca-Cola Refreshments. He was appointed VP, strategy and planning last week.
Last week, Coca-Cola blamed poor weather for a drop in first-half sales and profits, with one analyst casting doubt on the company's H2 prospects.
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends