US: Coca-Cola closes Fuze purchase
Private equity firm Castanea Partners, which invested in Fuze in 2004, confirmed the closure of the transaction yesterday (26 March). Coca-Cola received US regulatory clearance for the purchase, for an undisclosed sum, late last month.
"Castanea joined us at a critical time in our development and really contributed to our success," said company founder and CEO, Lance Collins. "They understood our industry and repeatedly rolled-up their sleeves to help us tackle important issues. We were looking for a value-added partner and they certainly delivered."
Brian Knez, a managing partner at Castanea, added: "Lance and his team have done an outstanding job building the Fuze brand through creative grassroots marketing, improved distribution, and continuous product innovation."
Fuze's range includes a line of enhanced juices and teas and WaterPlus enhanced waters. The deal will also see Coca-Cola attain the license for Fuze's NOS energy drink brand.
Fuze will continue to operate as a stand-alone entity of Coca-Cola, the Atlanta-based soft drinks giant said.
Calories from beverages shipped to schools has decreased due to the beverage industry's progress implementing the National School Beverage Guidelines....
Coca-Cola Icecek, an affiliate of the Coca-Cola Co., is awaiting competition board approval over the acquisition of Turkish tea company Dogadan Gida Urunleri Sanayii ve Pazarlama A.S....
The Coca-Cola Co. has fallen out with a number of smaller Glaceau Vitaminwater distributors over its plans to put 65% of its sales through its own distribution networks across the US, according to rep...
The Coca-Cola Co. has lined up an addition to its Odwalla juice brand in the US....
The Coca-Cola Co. has stayed silent on reports that it has had a takeover bid for German soft drinks company Bionade rejected....
The Planet Smoothie chain and Pepsi subsidiary South Beach Beverage are set to collaborate on a line of energy smoothies in the US....
National Beverage Corp. has reported that rises in raw material costs and discontinued lines affected Q1 results....
The Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed that it will cut jobs in its North America unit by the end of the year....
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Heineken unveils global Desperados push
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets