KAZAKHSTAN: Coca-Cola CIS buys Piko juice brand
Coca-Cola CIS Services Ltd has bought a juice brand in Kazakhstan, according to reports. The company, a unit of Coca-Cola Co. has acquired the Piko juice brand from Food Master, a Kazakh dairy producer, Express-K newspaper reported yesterday.
The acquisition has cost Coca-Cola US$600,000.
Piko currently has 30% market share in the juice trade in Kazakhstan and produces around 35m litres of juice every year.
The paper reported that Coca-Cola intends to modernise Piko's production line, install additional water cleaning equipment, pasteurisation and filtration of sugar syrup.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets