GERMANY: Coca-Cola buys Apollinaris mineral water
Coca-Cola Co.'s German arm has bought local mineral water producer Apollinaris for an undisclosed sum.
Coca-Cola Deutschland acquired the Hamburg-based company today (12 May) from private equity firms Lion Capital and Blackstone. Apollinaris produces around 195m litres of its drink each year, about 6% of Coca-Cola Deutschland's annual volumes.
"Apollinaris has an outstanding reputation as a premium brand and is an excellent addition to our business," said Deryck van Rensburg, president of Coca-Cola Deutschland.
"With this acquisition Coca-Cola in Germany will now participate in the growing and strategically important mineral water segment and is taking a significant step in our strategy towards being a total beverage company."
Coca-Cola Deutschland said Apollinaris would be managed by the biggest German bottler Coca-Cola Erfrischungsgetränke AG (CCE AG).
The acquisition also includes the spa water brand Heppinger. Schweppes and Orangina, together with Dr. Pepper, Snapple and Rose's brands will be franchised to German brewer Krombacher.
Coca-Cola and PepsiCo are looking to expand their presence in the European water market, where they both lag some way behind market leaders Danone and Nestlé. Coca-Cola has made a number of important ...
Coca-Cola Enterprises has reported rising profits during its third quarter....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has posted details of its quarterly dividend....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has named Esat Sezer senior vice president and chief information officer, overseeing the company's technology and information capabilities....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has appointed a senior VP for its human resources division....
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has today (27 July) reported an 11% fall in first-half profits as restructuring charges hit earnings....
Coca-Cola Enterprises is set to pay its shareholders a quarterly dividend of US$0.06....
Coca-Cola Enterprises is dumping its Z range and rebranding the portfolio in the UK. The move follows the launch earlier this month of Coca-Cola Zero in the country....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research