GERMANY: Coca-Cola buys Apollinaris mineral water
Coca-Cola Co.'s German arm has bought local mineral water producer Apollinaris for an undisclosed sum.
Coca-Cola Deutschland acquired the Hamburg-based company today (12 May) from private equity firms Lion Capital and Blackstone. Apollinaris produces around 195m litres of its drink each year, about 6% of Coca-Cola Deutschland's annual volumes.
"Apollinaris has an outstanding reputation as a premium brand and is an excellent addition to our business," said Deryck van Rensburg, president of Coca-Cola Deutschland.
"With this acquisition Coca-Cola in Germany will now participate in the growing and strategically important mineral water segment and is taking a significant step in our strategy towards being a total beverage company."
Coca-Cola Deutschland said Apollinaris would be managed by the biggest German bottler Coca-Cola Erfrischungsgetränke AG (CCE AG).
The acquisition also includes the spa water brand Heppinger. Schweppes and Orangina, together with Dr. Pepper, Snapple and Rose's brands will be franchised to German brewer Krombacher.
Coca-Cola and PepsiCo are looking to expand their presence in the European water market, where they both lag some way behind market leaders Danone and Nestlé. Coca-Cola has made a number of important ...
Coca-Cola Enterprises has reported rising profits during its third quarter....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has posted details of its quarterly dividend....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has named Esat Sezer senior vice president and chief information officer, overseeing the company's technology and information capabilities....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has appointed a senior VP for its human resources division....
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has today (27 July) reported an 11% fall in first-half profits as restructuring charges hit earnings....
Coca-Cola Enterprises is set to pay its shareholders a quarterly dividend of US$0.06....
Coca-Cola Enterprises is dumping its Z range and rebranding the portfolio in the UK. The move follows the launch earlier this month of Coca-Cola Zero in the country....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report