US: Coca-Cola Bottling to suspend contributions to retirement plan
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated will suspend contributions to its Retirement Savings Plan (401(k) plan) from the start of April, the company said in a regulalatory filing on Friday (20 February).
Prior to this suspension, the company provided matching contributions on a dollar-for-dollar basis, up to 5% of an employee's annual eligible pay.
At the end of October 2008, Coca-Cola Bottling said it had seen a one-off pension-related payment help turn profit to loss in its third quarter.
The North Carolina-based bottler said that the net profit of US$5.3m in the third quarter 2007 had become a loss of $3.1m in the three months to the end of September 2008. The results include a $7.2m net charge to freeze the company's liability to the Central States, Southeast and Southwest Areas Pension Fund, while preserving pension benefits previously earned by company employees covered by this plan. The company also highlighted that it took a $2.1m net charge for "the actions taken under the company's previously announced restructuring plan".
Sales in the quarter rose, meanwhile, to $381.5m from $367.4m.
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has opened a US$9m warehouse and logistics centre in Roanoke County, Virginia, the company announced on Thursday (6 August)....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has confirmed details of its latest dividend payment....
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- A-B InBev embroiled in Caribbean "poison-pill" row
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts