US:Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated grows Q3 profits
Coca-Cola Consolidated profits rose in Q3
Coca-Cola Bottling Co has reported rises in sales and profits in the third quarter of the year.
For the three months to the end of September, the firm earned US$17.2m, a 4.9% increase on the same period of last year, it said yesterday (9 November).
Operating profits climbed by 28% to $33.7m, while sales rose by 5.6% to $395.4m.
Frank Harrison, chairman and CEO, said: "We are very pleased with our performance thus far in 2010. Despite continued high unemployment in most of our franchise markets, we have seen strong growth on both a top-line and comparable bottom-line basis.
"Our employees have done an excellent job of providing the world's best brands to our customers and consumers, and execution throughout the business is strong and continues to improve."
In the first nine months of the year, the firm's earnings dropped by 6.2% to $35.7m, while operating profits rose by 3.8% to $81.1m. Net sales climbed by 7.45 to $1.16bn.
Click here to view the full earnings release.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China