US: Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated appoints to board
Alexander Cummings appointed to board
Coca-Cola Bottling Co Consolidated has appointed Alexander Cummings to its board of directors.
Cummings, executive vice president and chief administrative officer of The Coca-Cola Company, joined the firm in 1997 as region manager for Nigeria, the firm said yesterday (8 February).
In 2000, he was named president of the company's North & West Africa division, and a year later became president and COO of the Africa Group.
“We are very pleased to have an individual with an extensive international background in business and community affairs join our board, and we look forward to working with Alex,” Coca-Cola Consolidated Chairman and CEO Frank Harrison said.
Cummings replaces Carl Ware, who served on the board for a decade. Ware’s retirement and Cummings’ appointment will be effective from 9 March.
Last month, the company confirmed details of its latest dividend payment.
The company, which is the second largest bottler of products of The Coca-Cola Co in the US, said it will pay a dividend for the first quarter of 2010 of US$0.25 per share.
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Coca-Cola can unleash Monster with energy plunge
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Coca-Cola secures US$2.15bn stake in Monster
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- AG Barr poaches Diageo exec to be FD