US: Coca-Cola Bottling Co sales dip in Q1
Coca-Cola Bottling Co has reported a slight dip in net sales for the first quarter of 2009.
Net sales dipped to $336.3m for the three months to the end of March, compared to $337.7m for the same period of 2008, said Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated yesterday (7 May).
The soft drinks bottler reported net profits of $8.5m for the quarter, against losses of $4.3m last year, however.
Frank Harrison III, company chairman and CEO, said: "While we are pleased with our first quarter results, we continue to face challenges in the current uncertain economic environment.
"We are glad to see commodity prices subside from last year's all time record high prices and to see continued focus on our operating expense management, resulting in improved operating income."
The group's operating profits rose to $21.1m in the quarter, up from $20.5m last year.
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has posted a healthy set of profits for its third quarter, despite dipping sales....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has confirmed details of its latest dividend payment....
North Carolina-based Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated has joined forces with the county's department of environment to launch a 'recycling' promotion....
Chinese police have arrested two ex-employees of Coca-Cola Co's Shanghai bottling group, over allegations that they embezzled money from the firm and took bribes from suppliers....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts