CHINA: Coca-Cola and Pepsi dominant in soft drinks market
Fierce competition in China's soft drinks industry forced producers of the country's top 10 brands, which includes Coca-Cola and Pepsi to drop their prices by between 2-12% last year. However the market remains buoyant and on top of annual growth rates of an average 23% between 1980-1999, production of soft drinks in China in 2000 rose by 25.7% to 14.91m tons.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign