CHINA: Coca-Cola and Pepsi dominant in soft drinks market
Fierce competition in China's soft drinks industry forced producers of the country's top 10 brands, which includes Coca-Cola and Pepsi to drop their prices by between 2-12% last year. However the market remains buoyant and on top of annual growth rates of an average 23% between 1980-1999, production of soft drinks in China in 2000 rose by 25.7% to 14.91m tons.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Interview - WoSA chief executive
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Diageo's Smirnoff Sours
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks