AUSTRALIA: Coca-Cola Amatil warns of tough 2014 as H1 profits fall
- Half-year net profits tumble 15.6% to AUD182.3m (US$170m)
- Sales in six months to end of June inch up by 0.8% to AUD2.36bn
- Six-month operating profits decrease by 12.2% to AUD316.7m
- Business review set to close in October
- In-depth look at H1 performance available here
Coca-Cola Amatil has warned that this year's profits will be "materially below" those posted in 2013
Coca-Cola Amatil has flagged "a number of immediate challenges" as it released a poor set of half-year numbers.
The Australian multi-category drinks company saw its bottom line struggle on flat sales in the six months to the end of June. The 12.2% decrease in operating profits came in just under the 15% fall CCA warned of for the half-year back in April.
CEO Alison Watkins said today: “It is clear that the beverage landscape, particularly in Australia and New Zealand, has been evolving over the past five years with increased competition from existing players, greater penetration of value and private label products, a shift toward “better-for-you” products and the continued consolidation of the customer base in both grocery and national accounts.
"As a business we have been slow to adapt to these changes in market conditions and shifting consumer trends."
As a result of the tough trading environment, CCA launched a strategic review of its operations earlier this year.
The firm said today that it is targeting savings in the region of AUD100m over the next three years, "with the implementation of initiatives to drive around 50% of these savings already underway".
The company expects to complete its review by the end of October.
Looking to the full year, Amatil said: “While it’s too early for full-year guidance, we expect earnings for 2014 to be materially below 2013."
Amatil's share price suffered following the release of the results, closing 2.05% down today at AUD9.54.
For a deeper look at Coca-Cola Amatil's results, click here.
To read the company's official statement, click here.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Coca-Cola Amatil Limited (CCL) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled...
TCCC has made significant changes in its bottling operations, which is highlighted in its re-franchising in the NA bottling operations and the birth of the new CCE in WE. Coca-Cola FEMSA’s string of a...
Coca-Cola Amatil's (CCA) launch of Coca-Cola Life in Australia is the first round in a fight to entice consumers back into the CSD category with natural sweeteners, the company has said....
This future-looking global report offers a concise, short-form, visual guide to this key CPG category. It provides a market overview, a review of the big stories affecting the category, a key section...
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014