AUS: Coca-Cola Amatil to buy Foster's soft drinks brands
After rejecting its spirits business, CCA has decided to buy Foster's soft drinks arm
CCA has informed the Victoria-based group it has "elected to purchase" the brands, including Cascade Apple Isle, Traditionals and Real Juice brands, Ultra-C and Torquay mineral and spring water, a Foster's spokeperson told just-drinks today (7 June). However, CCA will not be acquiring any of the Cascade or Cottonwood Valley production assets, the spokesperson added.
As a result of SABMiller's takeover of Foster's last year, CCA, which operated a beer JV in Australia with SABMiller, obtained the right to acquire Foster's Australian spirits and non-alcoholic beverages operations and the group's Fiji Breweries and distillery in Fiji and Samoa.
In March, however, CCA turned down the chance to buy Foster's Australian spirits business.
On the takeover of the soft drinks brands, the Foster's spokersperon said it will be "some time before we know the finer detail and timing of the sale", but added that Foster's remains "committed to the Cascade brewery site and there is no impact to our beer and cider operations".
The sale is not expected to mean major job losses at Foster's. according to a local report, as most of the soft drink production staff also work at the Cascade brewery.
The Foster's spokesperson told just-drinks: "We’ve briefed our people and will continue to provide support and information to them over coming weeks."
Meanwhile, the transfer of Foster's Pacific businesses, is expected to be finalised "in the next two months" the spokeperson added.
This third - and penultimate - part of October's management briefing, looking at the logistics landscape, shines the light on Asia Pacific....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India